Keysight DAQ973A Data Acquisition/System (next generation DAQ for 34970A)
IntroductionThe 34970A (OBSOLETE) is a legacy data acquisition and switching system. Both designs provide ease of use with low cost per channel, modular flexibility, standard connectivity, and impressive measurement performance. The 34970A also offer the best combination of price and measurement performance. The next-generation DAQ973A builds on the proven design of the 34970A
- Built-in advanced 6½-digit digital multimeter (DMM) and signal conditioning; no external boxes required; improved accuracy and speed
- The ability to measure very low current ranges; 1 µA DC and 100 µA AC and higher resistance range 1000 MΩ
- 11 measurement types that the 34970A can measure, as well as new diode, capacitance; 1nF – 100μF ranges, and strain measurements
- Auto-calibration, which compensates for drifts in the internal DMM; or on the DAQM907A multifunction module caused by time and temperature changes
- Intuitive LCD screen and soft keys for easy configuration and measurement displays in multiple formats: number, bar meter, trend chart, and histogram
- Scan rate of up to 450 channels/sec with a new DAQM900A solid-state multiplexer module
- 10 times more accurate and higher resolution DAC output and two additional voltage/current sensing channels with the DAQM907A multifunction module
- 20 computed channels that performs mathematical operations on readings from measurement channels, or other computed channels
- Test automation without programming using BenchVue’s DAQ software
The DAQ973A design is compatible with the 34970A, with several exceptions.
These are just some areas where the DAQ973A is equivalent to the 34970A:
- Functions and ranges – The DAQ973A is a superset of 34970A capability. See below for differences.
- Measurement accuracy and resolution – The DAQ973A’s specifications are as accurate or better, with few exceptions.
- SCPI compatibility – The DAQ973A will work with SCPI programs written for the Keysight 34970A/34972A. Listed below are the programming considerations and differences.
- Mechanical size – Height, width, and depth dimensions are the same as the 34970A.
- Accessories – Rack-mount kit accessories are compatible with both products. However, there are new part numbers for the rack-mount kits to be color-compatible with the DAQ973A.
- Manufacturing – Both DAQs have the same rigorous quality standards and manufacturing process controls.
- Service and support from Keysight – Our worldwide team is available to help you calibrate your DAQ970A/DAQ973A or answer any questions about either instrument.
New: Auto calibration
6 1/2-digit resolution
|6 1/2-digit resolution|
|Multiplexer scan rate||Up to 450 channels per second||Up to 250 channels per second|
|Types of measurement||
Measures and converts 14 different input signals:
Measures and converts 11 different input signals:
1000 MΩ range for resistance
1 µA range for DC current
100 µA, 1 mA ranges for AC current
Square wave input for frequency
|No additional ranges|
|Display||Color LCD/GUI||Single-line alphanumeric display|
|PC based BenchVue DAQ Application Software||BenchVue configures and controls tests, displays results, and collects and exports data for further analysis||BenchVue configures and controls tests, displays results, and collects and exports data for further analysis|
|Interface||USB (front/back panel), LAN, GPIB||GPIB, RS-232|